It’s summerrrrrrrrrrr, or at least almost. By the time this post goes up, I’ll still have to take my two finals but APs and my stress-induced frenzy will be over. I’ve still been working on my WIP, but I’m just now getting back into blogging and reading which is super exciting. I’ve finally hit summer productivity mode, and so far it’s been amazing. Once break actually starts next week, my level of productivity will hopefully increase a bit more. So without further ado, here are my summer goals:
- This is technically a given, but hey, why not. Now that it’s summer, I want to go back to blogging twice a week, every Monday and Thursday. I think Mondays’ posts are going to be reading-related (book review, tbr list, discussions, etc), and Thursdays’ posts are going to be writing-related. I’m thinking about using Fridays as a weekly writing check-in so that I can keep track of my progress throughout the next couple of months. On another note, I also want to connect with more writing blogs. I also want to get back in the habit of commenting on at least three blogs every day. I love receiving comments, and I want to take the time to pass that joy on to others.
- Ya girl had to lower her Goodreads goal from 60 books to 40 books. As I’m writing this, I’ve read 13 books so far this year. I think I’ll definitely be able to hit 40 by the end of the year, if I read a lot this summer. As I’ve been focusing more on my WIP, reading has a fallen a bit by the wayside. But now that I have more time and so many books that I want to read ( I just finished putting 10 books on hold at the library!!!), I definitely want to make reading a priority. If anyone has any book recs that you think need to be on my summer tbr, be sure to let me know!
- Oh, revisions. Working on my WIP is by far my biggest summer goal. For those of you who don’t know already, I’ll be participating in Pitch Wars 2018 as a result of winning TeenPit. Right now, I’m currently rewriting/revising the first draft of my WIP in the first round of revisions. I’ve finished rewriting and revising the chapters that belong to the first two POV characters, and I’m in the midst of revising the chapters that belong to POV 3 and then I have to do the same for POV 4. As I’m a fierce handwriter (I’ve tried to draft on the computer and it just doesn’t work), I need to also take the time to type everything up. I’m hoping to send the typed second draft to my mentor by mid-July.
- I’ll be interning for the majority of the summer in a field that I’m thinking of going into as a career. I want to make sure that I get the most out of the experience and learn as much as I can.
- College Preparation
- I recently finished writing the first draft of my college app essay, which was a bit surreal. I’m going to be applying for a ton of scholarships this summer, which takes up more time than one might think. And also mostly trying not to panic. Up until mid-sophomore year, I journaled a ton. During the August leading into senior year, I’m going try to get back into journaling at least once a week. The rest of this year feels like it’s going to be a transformative one, and I want to be able to look back at everything this time next year when I’m packing to go to college, Inshallah.
And that’s it! Those are the main things that I really want to work towards and accomplish during these next three months. Summer is always one of my favorite times of the year, and I’m so glad that it’s finally here. I’d love to hear you all’s goals if you want to share them!
Happy reading, happy writing, and happy blogging!