Hello! Today, I’m doing the New Year’s Book Tag, which was created by Bookables! Since we’re only a few days into the new year, I decided that it’d be a fun tag to do.
Alright’s, lets jump in:
1. How many books are you planning to read in 2018?
My goal is to read 60 books by the end of 2018. I had to lower my goal from 100 books freshmen-sophomore year and 75 books sophomore-junior year. Because this year is junior-senior year, I decided to drop it just a bit more. However, I’m sure I’ll go a bit beyond this goal, as I typically do.
2. Name 5 books that you didn’t get to this year but want to make a priority in 2018.
- Strange the Dreamer
- Little & Lion
- The Gallery of Unfinished Girls
- Queens of Geek
- The Epic Crush of Genie Lo
I’m not sure why I didn’t get to these books, but they’re all definitely on my list of books I want to read this year. Hopefully I’ll get to them. But it took me three years to finally sit down and read Simon vs., so I’m not holding my breath.
3. What genre do you want to read more of?
Of course, I want to read more YA contemporary because that’s my genre. But I also want to read a few nonfiction writing craft books, and more YA sci-fi and fantasy.
4. Name 3 non book related goals for 2018.
- Finish writing the first draft (and many afterwards) of my current WIP and hopefully submit it to a few writing contests.
- Drink more water. Seems cliche, but I really want to do better.
- Get into college! That’s right, your girl will be a senior in September and hopefully, I’ll be done with the college process by the end of January.
5. What’s a book you’ve had forever that you still need to read?
Strange the Dreamer. I’ve been meaning to read it for years, and I think I haven’t because it’s so freaking big and there are always smaller and just-as-awesome books that I could read instead.
6. One word that your hoping 2018 will be:
7. Tag a friend!
- Jordyn @Jordz the Bibliophile
- Jackie @TooMuchofaBookNerd
- Deanna @DeeReadsThings
- Kenzie @SmudgedThoughts
- Elise @thebookishactress
- Aris @AwkwardAris
- And anyone else who wants to participate!
I hope you all enjoyed this tag, and have been having a great start to the new year. As always,
Happy reading, happy writing, and happy blogging!