Hello everyone! Today’s post is going to be my first ever tag, and I’m super excited to participate and pass the fun along. I was tagged by Sandra and Swetlana, and you all should definitely check out their blog! Thank you, and I’m extremely glad that you both enjoy my blog!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer eleven questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven bloggers to receive the award and write them eleven new questions to answer.
Sandra and Swetlana’s Questions:
- If you could have personally witnessed any event from the past, what would it be and why?
I would’ve loved to personally witness the March on Washington, to personally feel the power of comradery, love, empowerment, and the overall feeling of coming together and uplifting one another.
- What is the last movie you’ve seen and did you like it?
The last movie that I saw was Get Out, and it was amazing. It’s extremely relevant in this day and age, and the way it’s done is incredibly powerful. If you haven’t seen it yet, I highly recommend watching it.
- Name a book that you have wanted to read once but don’t want to anymore!
Currently, I can’t think of a book that falls under this category. =)
- Recommend me an author
With summer fast approaching, I’d recommend Sarah Dessen or Emery Lord. Both write about characters that are wonderfully complex, and most of their books have a light summery feel to them. Both authors also have released, or are releasing new books! Emery Lord just released The Names They Gave Us last week, and Sarah Dessen is releasing Once and for All at the beginning of June. I’m looking forwards to reading and reviewing both books this summer!
- Which book character is your favorite? (one that you will always remember)
Starr in Angie Thomas’ The Hate U Give is one of my favorite characters of all time. She’s extremely resilient and amazing, and her story pulls you in and never lets go, not even after the novel is finished. I also wrote a blog post about how much I loved Starr, and The Hate U Give if you want to check it out!
- Pick a song that best describes the last book you read
I recently finished reading #famous by Jilly Gagnon, and the song that comes to mind is ‘Glamorous’ by Fergie.
- What do you look for in a book? The writing, the characters, or the plot?
For me, it’s always a mix between characters and the plot. Most times I’ll pick up a book because of the plot, but if I don’t like the characters once I start reading I’ll put the book away. However, I feel that I’ll continue reading a book if I enjoy the characters more than I enjoy the plot.
- If you could back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
This is an extremely heavy question, but one thing that I personally wish that I could go back in change in my life is my decision to stick with dance. I don’t dance outside of school as much as I used to when I was little, and I wish that I’d stuck with it.
- What’s the last TV show you watched?
My friend convinced me to watch the latest season of The Bachelorette. (*a mixture of laughs and cries*)
- Name the book you want to read next
I’m so excited to read Noteworthy by Riley Redgate. I’ve heard wonderful things about the novel, so I’m looking forward to starting it.
- Do you work or are you currently in school/uni?
I’m currently in school/uni.
- Alice @Artic Books
- Amanda @Literary Weaponry
- Bionic Book Worm
- Maddie M @Well-Read Twenty Something
- Isabelle Charles
- Jessica Marie @JessicaMarie493
- Jade @theü
- Claudia @EnchantedbyBooks
- Andy @AndysWonderland
- Annike and Zoë @TwinTales
- MagReads @ForeverBookBlog
- AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO TAKE PART IN THE FUN!
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- How did you fall in love with books and reading?
- What song are you currently playing on repeat?
- Besides reading, what other hobbies do you enjoy?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What are you most looking forward to this summer?
- What book(s) are you excited to read?
- What’s the perfect pizza topping?
- Do you have a favorite emoji, why or why not?
- If you had to be named after a city, state, country, or continent, what would it be and why?
- What aspect(s) do you look for in a book: strong characters, an interesting plot, writing style, or a mix of all three (or none!)?
Thank you again for nominating me! Taking part in this tag was so much fun, and I look forward to participating in more tags in the future. I hope everyone has a fun time answering my questions!
*image provided by StockSnap.io